REMINDER: Any and all campaigning (posting flyers, social media, handing out candy, etc.) cannot start until Monday, 9/24!
Prior to campaigning, all platforms (instagram, snapchat, twitter, & facebook) must be following and followed by @LoyolaMDSGA before posting!
Candidate Information Forms
Signatures due in the Student Activities Office by 5:00pm Friday, September 21st.
150 total signatures for first year class president, 75 signatures for Assembly and Senate
Also, bring a black and white printed campaign poster and emailed copy. Each candidate may submit one poster. Each candidate will receive 30 posters once approved (no copyright infringement, allusions to underage drinking, or lewd jokes)
- Once you hand in your candidate info forms, you are able to pickup campaigning materials as needed (candy, giveaways, etc)
- Class Presidents may spend up to $75 total
- Assembly and Senate members may spend up to $75
- Must provide all receipts in a sealed envelope with their contact information by 9/25
- Poster pick-up begins at noon on Monday, September 24th
- Pickup posters in Student Activities after 12:00pm (make sure they’re stamped and signed)
- Adhere to posting policy: Reprinted from “Posting Policy Quick Guide”
- All student posters must be approved by the Office of Student Activities (only exception is posters designed by MarComm)
- Only painters tape allowed
- No masking, duct, scotch or other kinds of tape permitted
- No posting on wood, glass, painted or elevator surfaces. DO NOT POST ON BOULDER OR STARBUCKS BENCHES OR PILLARS.
- No posting on exterior doors
- No posting allowed in DiChiaro Art Gallery hallway
- Do not post on horizontal surfaces (floor, ground, benches)
- Posters must be removed by the club after 2 weeks past event date
- Anything found violating policy will be taken down, and club leadership notified of the violation. After three ‘strikes,’ a club will lose the ability to post for the remainder of the semester”
- Online campaigning is encouraged so long is the content aligns with the guidelines set for the printed posters.
- Online posting must tag and notify @LoyolaMDSGA (IG, FB, Twitter) on any platforms used.
- Election sabotage to any extent should be brought to the attention of the COO and will be evaluated by Election Committee.
- Full posting policy:
You cannot hang newly designed posters past the original submission date
- Ballot is sent out on the morning of Thursday, 9/27 in a class-wide email
- Again, you cannot post the link to vote on social media or through email!
- Candidates can encourage students to vote but cannot reshare the ballot directly
Friday, September 28th: Voting polls will close at 2 pm, and election results will be announced at 4:30 pm on the 3rd Floor outside Student Activities office.
Flyers must be taken down by 11:59 pm on Friday 9/28 or otherwise incur a fine of $50.
*Failure to comply with any voting policies can result in disqualification.*